1. Fill out an AYSO Volunteer Application Form.
- Electronic volunteer forms are available on-line via www.eAYSO.org. Log on to eAYSO and follow the instructions.
- Blank forms (for manual fill-in) are also available at any Region 60 sponsored event mentioned on this website, such as on-site registration, volunteer training (any Safe Haven or coach's training), or at the board tent during the season.
- If you are a returning volunteer, you can submit a pre-printed application. This is only available, and actually preferred, through the Child and Volunteer Protection Advocate, Kacy Do. Kacy is present at most of the Region 60 events.
2. The volunteer application form should be completed in full.
- This includes providing a social security number and a valid California Driver's License/Identification. On-line registration allows one to submit this information directly to AYSO on a secured site. Manual forms will still require that this information be provided (The information is kept secure by the CVPA).
- 3 references are required using the on-line or the blank form. Returning volunteers using the pre-printed form are not required to provide additional references unless requested.
- Make a full disclosure of any criminal conviction (including DUI).
3. Submit the form to Region 60 in person (at any Region 60 event)
- Completion of the process involves providing photo ID verification. Therefore, merely mailing in the completed application without in-person verification constitutes an incomplete application.
- On-line applicants still need to provide 2 copies of the form (the social security number and driver's license will be blocked out by the system) and provide ID in-person.
- DO NOT MAIL in the application to the registrar or any other board member unless other special arrangements were made. Contact Kacy Do at firstname.lastname@example.org for a special circumstance.
4. Finally, inquire as to the type of volunteer training that is required and attend that training.
- Coaches and referees should take required certification classes.
- Other volunteers who will have direct contact with children need to take the Safe Haven Training.